Add your site to Google Search Results
Now, you created and hosted your site. But You want your site to appear on google search results. Of course, you can do all SEO stuffs but first step is to let google know that your site is up and should appear in search results.
Following step will tell you how to do.
I just registered a domain harikishore.live for free using my GitHub student pack.( Read My other articles to know how.)
Now, If I search google for that site, it doesn’t come in search result even if I search with the exact keywords. See the attached Image.
Steps to follow —
- Open Browser and search “Google Console”
2. Click the first link. It will take you to Google Search Console Page. Click on next in next screen. You will reach a screen as below. ( Sign in to google account, if prompt )
3. Enter your domain name in domain panel and click continue. ( I entered here my domain name and proceed. You will be taken to next step to verify your ownership of domain.
4. Select Your Domain Registrar from Drop down menu. I am selecting Name.com as it is my domain registrar.
5. Then Click Start Verification. For Name.com you will be redirected to the page as follow. if you are not logged in to name.com you will be required to enter credentials
6. Click on I accept. Done. Now, It will take just a few seconds and if details are correct your ownership will be verified. Then go to google console’s tab. You will receive following screen.
7. Then click “Go to Property” [to explore]. (You can click on DONE and check after a day or two.)
8. Click start.
9. Go to overview.
10. Done. Come Back in a day or so(some hours mostly). :) You will be able to search your site on google then.
11. I searched next day. And see this result. It appeared. To make your search more intuitive, use some specific keywords and add them to the webpage in meta tag.
<meta name= "keywords" content= "hari kishore, hari kishore cse, hari kishore pec">
12. After you add these, your google search with these keywords will make your site appear in top results.
This is just to get start and for more optimisation of result you can read about SEOs and stuffs. Thanks for reading.